Stick It To My Heart
6 Swords of Love
- 2 cajun sausages cut into 12 pieces.
- 10-12 shrimp
- 4-6 Tbs of Chefism ® Heated Fusion or Cajun Seasoning, spiced chicken tenderloins cut into halves
- Red onion and trinity bell peppers cut into squares
- 6 metal kabob sticks
- Season the chicken tenderloins and shrimp to your liking. I recommend 1-2 tablespoons. Set shrimp aside.
- Sear the cajun sausage and the chicken tenderloins in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil; set aside when finished. This will help jump start the grilling process.
Note: Do not overcook during the searing process, this will dry out your meat during grilling process
- Time to assemble – Be creative with the placement of your meats and veggies. Presentation is key!
- Once you have prepared all six swords – it’s time to turn up that heat! On a pipping hot grill, gentle place the kabobs on the rack. Grill marks are Great! Grill on each side for 1-2 mins or until shrimp is slightly red.
Gumbo Sauce (makes 2.5 cups)
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons of trinity veggies (bells, onion, celery)
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoon granulated chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoon Chefism ® Heated Fusion or Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Chefism ® The Bay or old bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon file powder
- Mix all dry spices EXCEPT FLOUR in a bowl. Set aside.
- Make a roux with the flour and oil. Cook roux for at least 5 minutes on low medium flame constantly whisking until you form a semi-dark brown color.
- Slowly start to incorporate the warm water, continue whisking until smooth.
- Add dry spices and simmer on low for 10 min.
Chefism Bonus: This dish goes great with Fried Okra Or shall I say Fried Gumbo (Laugh at my corny jokes)
The night had finally arrived, the perfect evening for romance and glamour. Even the moon did not want to miss out on this captivating night. Tonight, OneEleven had prepared to take over the world. Draped in a dazzling 1962 vintage fabric called, Qiana; this night would be one for the record books. OneEleven was like no other person; a unique spirit, with a heart of gold. Anyone who would come in contact with her would be pierced with loved. For years, the naysayers would challenge her– until finally, enough was enough! This was her purpose and sharing her heart is what she intended to do. Life sometimes feeds us the the same olé Liquid Gumbo. Liquid Gumbo was a SOUL-lution the slaves manifested in the 18th century as a symbolic figure of Love and Power. With every ounce of love in her body OneEleven wanted to share the same notion of LOVE and POWER as her ancestors did. To this day no one has ever known the true secrets of her Gumbo until now. The swords dipped in her own liquid, the holiest of water; a true reminder of our divinity and the super power within; the world now receives a taste of Sword Gumbo. Follow the directions carefully and upon completion close your eyes. Allow the aromas to take you back to the last place you felt loves; the last place you felt powerful. Devour every bit your heart can take, leave nothing but the sword.