- 6 manicotti pastas
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces Blue Star Hand Picked Wild Caught Claw Crab Meat
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (room temperature)
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- Kosher salt/ white or black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut or olive oil
- A few dashes of Chefism ® The Bay
- 8-12 fresh scallops
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of kale (thinly sliced)
- 1 baking dish
- Set oven to 400 degrees and prepare pasta according to package.
- Coat your shrimp with salt and pepper, lightly sear just enough to jump start the cooking process. You are looking to achieve quick color. Cook no more than 1-2 minutes in each side. Cut into tiny pieces and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix 16 ounces of ricotta cheese with 1 egg, crab meat, your seared shrimp and green onion. Add a dash of salt and pepper. You are more than welcome to taste the filling at this point.
- Adjust flavors accordingly and place in a piping bag then put in the refrigerator until ready for use. If you don’t have a piping bag you can make one by cutting the tip off of a gallon size freezer bag . Voilå Magic.
- Your pasta rolls should be done, rinse in cold water until cool. retrieve your mixture from the fridge and snip a small hole at the bottom of the bag. Fill each dried manicotti roll.
- Coat your baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 13-17 Minutes.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add your garlic, diced onion, 1 ½ cups of unsalted butter and all purpose flour; whisk accordingly. Cook over a low-medium flame for no more than 5 minutes. Continue to whisk and watch the magic happen.
- A little at a time, pour and whisk your lukewarm clam juice into the mixture. Whisk your life away –blending smoothly. Add heavy whipping cream. Continue to whisk your life away. Remember timing is everything, keep your flame low as to not burn the bottom of your pot.
- Allow your sauce to thicken –Stirring occasionally. Now is a great time to prep your skillet for your scallops and kale.
- After about 10-15 minutes check the consistency of your sauce thus far. No lumps from the flour or broken sauce means we are in business.
- Add both cheeses and adjust flavor with kosher salt and pepper.
- On a medium flame prep a your skillet for the scallops and kale, add 2-3 tablespoons of oil and add the thinly sliced kale and bells. Cook the kale down for about 6-8 minutes, hit the ‘Pot Shuffle’ with the lid on to help the cooking process. Go ahead and sprinkle a dash of Chefism ® The Bay. Aye Bay Bay –Sing it with me!
- After the kale has cooked down, move on to the scallops. BEFORE you add them, make sure you use a paper towel and pat dry each side. Add a dash of kosher salt and pepper and/or Chefism ® The Bay on the scallops. Get some color on those babies. You should cook them on each side until opaque throughout and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Toss some butter in the pan and spoon the melted butter across the scallops.
- Grab a plate – drizzle the sauce on a plate then place your roll in the center; Next add more sauce over the roll and gently top your roll with kale and the scallops.
Chefism Bonus: Serve with Garlic Bread and Parmesan Cheese.
It was just a few days before Mother’s Day. You called me and said you had something on your your mind. After the first few minutes of rambling you confessed you had a crush on me. Not as confident as you use to be, you had lost your smile. Over the years you lost track of time. You lost your way – stumbling through a dark tunnel. Searching you found nothing. No longer could you hear the trap beat of your heart. I wanted to step in to aid you in your search, extending my time piece to guide you to a happier place. There was no question I was willing to give up all my time for you. As much time as it would take to lift your spirits. You birthed joy; but not without consequence. Did you not see he was your light. Give grace to the father whose absence left you alone and emotionless. Your strength amazes me. So how could I not gift you additional time. You are everything in the midst of having nothing. You see hope in everything. Now your time is my time and I am honored to support you. My time to wine and dine you. I see God in you. There is no denying our chemistry. Your smile glows so bright to me. Your love constantly spilling over me. Why didn’t you trust I could protect us. You were a drug, I simply overdosed. I now refuse to be comatose. With a message from above, I took a risk on our love. I was your light in the tunnel– a lit tunnel no more.